Saturday, 19 May 2012

Lentil and Mangetout Curry


For some reason my camera is turning photos around when they upload on here... They look normal on the screen, but then turn around when they load. Hmmm... nevermind.

I thought that I would try and photograph my main meal every day so that I can keep a record of what I am eating as I am losing weight. I have lost quite a bit this week. I will weigh in again tomorrow morning but so far, in the last week I have lost nearly 1kg. That is awesome. I am finding this easier that I thought actually.

I am sticking under 1590 calories a day with ease and it's doing the do. Maybe this is just what I should have done all along. I am going to slimmingworld too, although not following the diet as such, but just to get the cheer on and the rewards for my hard work on a weekly basis. I am using Livestrong to count my calories, and loving the way the graph has plunged from 115.7kgs on 1st May to 112.2kgs today 3 weeks later. I know the 115.7 is kind of incorrect as it was fully clothed and in the evening... but even so it does look spectacular!

Look at that baby! The high point was back in October 2010 when I got up to most fattest ever in the history of me. The little 'up bump' was the holiday in Fuertaventura, and then the gentle slope after September 2011 has been a case of gaining and losing the same 3 kilos for a year.

Obviously I'm not in fresh territory just yet, but I can smell it! The lowest bit is 111kgs... only 1.2kgs away :-)

So dinner... year Lentil curry. It was yum. Made the rice yellow by adding a bit of turmeric and cumin seeds, but the main bit is an old favourite:

2 Onions, sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 can chopped tomatoes
1/2 carton of sieved tomato passata
1 can of cooked green lentils
1/2 packet of mangetout, or however many you want really
mild curry powder... to taste, but probs about 4 tbsps
cayenne pepper for the kick.
salt
3tbsps sugar (as otherwise its too sharp)

I guess you could use sweetener, but why bother when the sugar is not adding too many calories to this low cal meal.

I sweat the onion off in the oil and 2 tbsps of water with the lid on and they go kind of gooey and melt. Then I add all the other stuff and bring to the boil and simmer for about 5 minutes and serve with rice. so quick and tasty!

This makes 2 large portions, one for today, one for another :-)

Today's stats:

Date:May 19th, 2012




















Meals Lunch – 3:45pm Vegetable Soup








Dinner – 11pm Lentil Curry


















Meal Item Brand Item Name Calories Sugars Carbs Fats Protein Cholesterol Sodium Dietary Fibre
afternoon snack
Broccoli 15.5 2g 6g 0g 3g 0mg 30mg 2g
afternoon snack
Brussels Sprouts, Cooked 16.25 0g 12.9g 0.6g 5.64g 0mg 32mg 6.4g
afternoon snack
Whole Carrots 25 3g 6g 0g 1g 0mg 40mg 2g
dinner Tesco Easy Cook Long Grain Rice 243
28g 1.3g 2.8g ….. ….. …..
dinner Tesco Lentils Green (canned) 97.75 0.8g 13.2g 0.7g 6.2g ….. 0mg 5.8g
dinner Tesco Mangetout 16.5
4.2g 0.2g 3.6g ….. ….. …..
dinner
Olive Oil 60 0g 0g 13.5g 0g 0mg 0mg 0g
dinner Sainsbury's Premium Chopped Tomatoes 90 3 4 0 1 ….. 0 0
dinner
Sugar (tsp) 22.5 4g 4g 0g 0g ….. ….. …..
dinner
Yellow Onion 64 7g 15g 0g 2g 0mg 6mg 3g
snacks Cadbury Dairy Milk 616 ….. 9g 4g ….. ….. ….. …..
snacks
Gin 210 ….. 0g 0g 0g ….. ….. …..


Total Calories 1476.5






1 comment:

  1. Fan bloody tastic!!!! (curry looks good...).
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete