Sunday, 20 May 2012

Salmon Sunday YUM


Sunday was a strange day. We usually get up around 9 and go to church, but we were so tired we slept in until 10 past 10 as DH forgot to set the alarm! We woke with a start like something awful had happened... I guess the body gets into a routine! We realised there was little point getting ready and going, as it would be over by the time we got there, so we just snuggled back down again.

Next thing we knew it was 1pm! We must have needed the kip that's all I can say.

We came downstairs to find DS and his mate Chas playing minecraft in their underpants. Its a most disturbing sight. You can smell teenage boys before you see them, and I got the familiar whiff of iron + pond weed + body odor + hot pennies + aftershave alerting me to the presence of these strange beasts. I round the corner of the stairs and there they both are - headphones bigger than their heads, laptops heating their laps to infertile doom, sitting on the sofa in their pants surrounded by popcorn, biscuit and chocolate detrius.

Greeted by the twin "Yuh" grunt (not even a 'hi -yuh' anymore) I just let them get on with it. The mind boggles. How they can sit for endless hours playing a game with the most awful graphics of anything I have ever seen is beyond me. And I remember my old Atari games - Sonic the hedgehog 1980's style was better!! Apparently I just dont get it and it's really cool and I should play it to. Ummm, No.

There wasn't much problem getting up at 1pm, apart from the fact that we needed to run several errands that require man power.Well, I have to give him something to do of a weekend or he will assume that he can sit in front the TV and sleep all afternoon... makes him feel like he's needed!

Errand #1 - Take the lawnmower we bought a week ago back to Argos because it blew up halfway through its first stab at a cut.

Errand #2 - I needed to replace the towel rail in the bathroom as there have obviously been monkeys swinging on the one in there and it looks shabby and no matter how long the screws are that we put into the wall - our house must be tied to next door with the length of the screws that are currently in it - it still flops off the wall and looks cheap and crap.

These first 2 would not need doing if people made stuff like they used to. I cannot believe that I am saying this, but at the tender old age of 35 even I am realising that things aren't made like they used to be. God knows what its like for people older than me. They must rock in a corner somewhere lamenting the good old days of cast iron baths or something.

Sigh

Errand #3 - Attack the Tax. It's that time of year where I have had to come up from the bucket of sand my head is shoved in to breathe and found that I have an inbox or five that needs sorting and I just can't put it off any longer as I have lost the bucket of sand in the sea of paperwork.

We managed to get all of them done, but there was still a lot of work to do on the end of year accounts. Ho hum at least I will not be bored for a while!

Because of all this lark, we finished up around 5:30 and I had a break. Then DS and Chas decided they wanted to go roller skating, so I took them to that. I sat on those hard wooden gym benches for an hour and a half reading my book on my NEW iPAD!!! It was awesome, except for the numbest butt in the world ever.

We got back (after dropping Chas home as it seemed his parents forgot they had a child - if he'd been here any longer I think I could have legitimatly gained custody rights) and I hunted around in the freezer....

My freezer is currently cavernous as I intend to defrost it. Soon. I keep buying stuff though because there's nothing in  the freezer, and then I put it in the freezer, which then inevitably means that the defrosting has to wait. I might as well just throw everything away and start again... but I hate wasting 4 year old bread rolls and bags of strange frozen liquids.

I found a packet of 2 year old fish fingers - meh why not - and made them for the boys and I found a long long long dead salmon which I had conveniently butchered into 12 handy meal size portions and frozen some years ago. In for a penny, I cooked it up and had it with mash and peas. Delicioso!

Sunday's stats:

Date:May 20th, 2012




















Meals Lunch Broccoli and Stilton soup








Dinner Salmon, Mash and Peas


















Meal Item Brand Item Name Calories Sugars Carbs Fats Protein Cholesterol Sodium Dietary Fibre
lunch Tesco Blue Stilton 82 0.1g 0.1g 35g 23.7g ….. 800mg 0g
lunch
Broccoli 24.8 2g 6g 0g 3g 0mg 30mg 2g
lunch
Stock cube 10 ….. ….. ….. ….. ….. ….. …..
lunch
Yellow Onion 21.12 7g 15g 0g 2g 0mg 6mg 3g
pm snack USN Diet Fuel Vanilla Flavour 177
15g 1.5g 25g ….. 251mg 3.1g
dinner
Butter 60 0g 0g 11g 0g 30mg 95mg 0g
dinner
Mashed potato 145 ….. ….. ….. ….. ….. ….. …..
dinner
Peas 77 4g 10g .27g 4g 0mg 81mg 3g
dinner
Salmon Fillet 374.3 ….. 0g 14g 19g ….. ….. …..
evening snack
Gin 280 ….. 0g 0g 0g ….. ….. …..


TOTAL CALORIES 1251







 

No comments:

Post a Comment