Tuesday, 6 March 2007

Day 20

Not much to report, other than that I have a stinking cough, cold and sore throat. Also a sore side from coughing too much. Great huh? Feel very sorry for myself.

Today Mum, DS and I were supposed to go to Rome this morning and come back tomorrow evening, but as Mum still has her poorly foot, and I still feel very raw, we decided against going. I am glad we did now, as I feel grotsville. What a bunch we would have made. Mum sitting with her foot up on the trivi fountain and me snotting all over the Sistine chapel. HA HA

We can go another time.

Anyway, spent the first half of the day in bed and have just had a coffee.

In the oven today are some roasted vegetables... from Tesco. I am going to give them a whirl with some pasta.

I have had one of those Ella's kitchen smoothies which are YUMMY but cost a fortune. Well... I guess they seem to. They work out about 50p each, so its not that bad. Its just that I didnt want to go to tesco again, it drives me INSANE IN THE MEMBRANE, so I ordered 4 boxes. 2 red and 2 yellow and it came to a ten spot! However, I used to buy 48 pepsi max and it was £12, so its swings and roundabouts. It just feels bad because I am not used to buying them. Or wasting money on those silly things as I usually say to DS. Now he is looking at me all permp thinking "Oh, its ok for her to have them is it...?" YES it IS, 'cos I get nothing else now!

I love my fruit, and its been really hard not grabbing an apple and biting into it. I just don't feel ready for it yet. I know I will one day, so until then, its Ella's organic smoothies.

So... I shall be adding to this post later as I want to keep a track of what I am eating, and to give you all an idea of quantities etc...

*Coffee with milk (a splash from 200mls = 96 cals)

*Ella's Smoothie (52 cals)

*Roast Vegetables (119 cals) and Pasta (50g = 172 cals)

*1 Lemsip (unknown cals... why don't they put stuff like that on the packet?)

*Coffee with splash milk.

*Organic Ambledown Roast (a rustic combination of lentils and vegetables with apples, cheese & roasted hazelnuts topped with cider soaked... wait for it.... GROATS!) and a selection of boiled veg. (282 cals - if I eat it all, that is)

So total for today is: 721 cals. That is not a lot, and that's also expecting me to eat all of the Roast, so a little less.

I keep thinking I am going to put on weight. But its just not possible is it.

I did my first long purposeful walk today. Not really long, but it was a strain on the old guts. The village and back. 1 mile. I really felt my tummy pulling when I got home, and I had to go to bed!!! HA HA! can you believe it. It wore me out totally! I slept for 4 hours. So there we go.

As of tomorrow, I am going back on regular meals with the family, even though it might be a struggle. The struggle is thinking what to give the family to eat because I can't seem to dream anything up any more. If I was a chef my job would be in crisis!!!

P.S. I didnt eat all the Ambledown roast. I ate 2/3rds of it...
So new calorie total for Roast is: 188 cals
Daily total cals = 627

No comments:

Post a Comment