Wednesday, 7 March 2007

3 weeks post op!

I was rudely awoken by the cat jumping on my head to get my ear plugs. I have never known such a strange cat as Pauline. She will eat ANYTHING. She sits like a dog whilst we eat our dinner and particularly likes curry, garlic bread and sponge cake.

She has an ear plug fetish. Back in October I decided that I could no longer put up with DH's snoring, so got myself some tesco ear plugs. They are excellent. They are bullet shaped and bright orange and even come in their own little case. 6 pairs in a box - a bargain at £1.49.

However, my stash is rapidly depleting. Every morning Pauline jumps on me and tries to eat them out of my ears, or steal them out of my drawer. If I accidentally forget and leave them on my bedside table, they are gone in a flash. Apparently, when I was away she still used to jump up and have a look for them! I don't understand the excitement, but she get immense pleasure from chewing them to death. I find them all over the house. We just moved our piano and there must have been about 15 under there - all half chewed!

Normally I am awoken by her purring and prodding at my ears, but today she literally landed on my head. I was not impressed.

I felt hungry when I woke, ravenous in fact. I went down stairs and had my chewy bassets vitamins and my tablets, and a coffee and then I was full. I didn't get to eat my brekkie because I realised I had an eyebrow wax and facial at 10am. It was lovely. Its the new beauty place in my village. It only opened 2 weeks ago, and I am so pleased there is somewhere local for me to have my bits done. I hated having to drive all over the place just to get an eyebrow wax.

So got back and had lunch. I had 2 slices of weight watchers bread with 2 tablespoons of spaghetti and a bit of grated cheese. Now, this is the first bit of bread I have had in 3 weeks. It is laying rather heavy, but not any bad problems. We were told that bread would give us grief, so I am thinking that I really need that fill!!

I thought about it a little more, and I am starting to get hungry quite regularly. I am not staying full for 2 or 3 hours like I was last week... I am still not eating much, but I am not content like I have been. So I rang up one of the clinics where they do the fills. Apparently a fill is usually done at between 4 and 6 weeks. Some people don't get a fill for months because they are happy as they are, but others need it adjusted quicker. The woman on the phone said that the things to look out for are:

Hunger
non sustainable satiety
looking around for food

Well over the last few days that has been the case.

So I have been booked in for an earlier fill. I will be having my 1st fill on Thursday 15th March.

I am also going to a different center, because it is closer to me by 45 minutes, and £15 cheaper too!! The clinic where I was going originally on the 24th was also only on a Saturday so that would have meant missing work, so it would have worked out a lot more expensive all round.

Its a shame, because I wanted to see M. We had an appointment on the same day, but maybe we can get together another day that week or something. We will have to organise something or other.

So, today's food:

2 slices brown weight watchers bread = 88 cals
100g Heinz spaghetti = 60 cals
activia kiwi and fibre yogurt = 91 cals
Yellow Ella's Kitchen smoothie = 65 cals

This evening we had:
Chicken and Broccoli pie with assorted veg = 340 cals
Red Ella's Kitchen Smoothie = 52 cals

So today's total is: 696 cals

I had to go to bed again this afternoon. I just had to lie down. It seems to be that I need more sleep that I did before I had the band fitted.

I have changed my blog photo today. It shows me the day after surgery in the hotel in Brugge. I cant wait to take a comparison photo in a few months time.

I have added a few other peoples blogs to my site, one of them, Helen, had her surgery the same day as I did! So that's 3 of us who are at the same place that I know of.

Right, I am off to play Sims as DH has gone to the pub with J for a pint... or 6!

:o)

YAY SIMS!

2 comments:

  1. LOL Bunny - not only did we have our surgery the same day, it looks like we weighed about the same (I'm lousy at conversions, but I weighed 234.5 lbs), AND we're getting our first fill on the same day! ;)

    I'm down 24.5 lbs as of this morning, but I'm dying of hunger right at 3 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! Yeah I was a little heavier... 252... and I get weighed tomorrow at my slimmign class, so I will know how much I have lost. Up till last monday i had lost 15lbs. I hope to be under my all time slimming low this week which would be 16st8lb (232lbs)
    That would be class!

    I am getting a little worried about the fill... pain scares me, considering I am still in pain, i dont want any more. Hopefully it will be ok. Roll on thursday for both of us then! How scary is that?

    ReplyDelete