Saturday, 24 February 2007

Shattered

Well, I got back from Estonia yesterday eventually. We were delayed at Tallinn airport for 7 hours. Easy Jet gave us vouchers worth £10 each to get some food, so I had soup and my travelling buddy and DS had loads of stuff. £30 for 3 people is quite a lot in Estonia!! I had packed my Estonian style milupa porridge stuff, and i mixed it cold with a yogurt and that filed me up. I also managed to eat half a jar of MINGING beef, potato and cauliflower baby food. It smelled like cat poo and tasted not far off either. Filled a whole though. I was supposed to go to work last night too, but I had to cancel because we didnt get back until 7:30pm. I am sort of at work now. I went this morning and did 2 lessons and now I have a break until 12:30 and then I have a new pupil and two regulars. Finish at 4:30 so hope to be able to be back by 5pm for a nice bath and early night. Its shattering me this lack of food. I have worked out that I am ingesting about 300 - 450- calories a day. Thats all. I simply cannot eat any more. I have noticed that I am able to drink a whole lot more now. I dont have the 'drip, drip gurgle gurgle' feeling now when I drink. I can drink a good mouthful of water and swallow it with no feeling at all. I found that out by accident when I forgot to sip slowly, and spent the next few seconds waiting for the pain... no problem. So i guess that my stomach swelling is starting to go down. I can eat at least 15 grams of dry milupa baby rice now, so thats good. I have that for breakfast and make it up with hot water and then a spoonful of jam to make it taste palatable. Its quite pleasant. Very filling too. I had it this morning at 8:30 and I am still fill now at 11:30. Not bad really.

I drink BEFORE I eat. I find that the liquids dont fill me up like they did in the first few days, so I drink my coffee before my breakfast and do it all back to front. I eat the stodgy stuff last. This is seeming to work for me.

While in Estonia I had my first taste of real food again. I had mashed potato and salmon. I masked it to nothing and ate slowly, and I was really surprised at the early satiety. Glad too! I manage about the same amount as you would give to a toddler, maybe 1 small potato and about 30 grams of fish.

I experimented a little more after that. I have had cheese soup with prawns in which I chewed to death without a problem. I managed about 3/4 of a small bowl of that before I felt full.

I am basically going by the rule that if I dont feel hungry I dont eat, just drink. If I am hungry, and its a meal time, then I have a meal. If I am hungry and its not a meal time, then I have a yogurt or something.

I am making sure that I get god habits... 3 meals a day and healthy snacks.

I am weighing in on Monday, and havent a clue about the result. DH and the DH of travelling buddy thought that I had lost weight after being away for 4 days in Estonia. Apparently my face looks thinner.... we shall see.

I hope my Surgery Chums are ok too. If they read this, then comment on how you are doing!!

see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment