Friday, 16 February 2007

Day 5 - Brugge

Well I was feeling a lot better today. Pain all day, mostly in my shoulder actually, but not too horrific.

For breakfast I had a yogurt. I was full immediately. I could not believe the small amounts of food we were now eating. Full liquid and milk product diet is very odd. Then Travelling Buddy and I waited in the lobby with D and M for the private nurse to come. We sat drinking (sipping) coffee until she came at about 1pm. M and I went back to her room and the nurse changed our dressings for us and that was it.

Travelling buddy and I then decided to have a wander around Brugge. We went slowly and took in the sights. Its such a lovely place. I got a few nice things for my boys... a T shirt for DH and a pair of willow clogs for DS and also some chocolates. I bought some pressies for my Mum and Dad and also for my Brother too.

We stopped off at about 3 in a little cafe place and I had some tomato soup. I ate only half of it. Travelling buddy wasnt hungry and she had had her lunch so she just had a coffee. It was really nice to sit down. I did feel exhausted to be honest. My hips ached. It felt like they were wearing out. My shoulder pain, by the end of the day, was almost unnoticeable thank goodness. I got a twinge of arm ripping now and again, but not too bad.

We went back to the hotel and I had a lie down, phoned DH and DS and my MUM. Travelling Buddy went off to get a few bits on her own and when she got back we made a start on the packing. At about 7pm D and M came round to say goodbye as they were going off home. They didnt see the point in staying another night, so they hopped in the car, the lucky things, and were back at home in Blighty by 11pm.

TravBud and I were sad to see them go and we had really kept each other company and they were such a lovely couple. We promised to get together at some point and we know now that we are both having our band fills on the same day (24th March) at the same centre, so thats good.

After a little supper.... yogurt (HEE HEE) Travelling buddy and I went out on the town again. We wandered all around and stopped in the square to see the film 'In Brugge' being filmed with Colin Farrel and some actress with a French sounding name... maybe Catherine someone or other. I didnt recognise the name. That was quite thrilling. A fire engine had wet all the cobble stones outside the bell tower and the couple were kissing as the camera panned around them. They were doing the scene over and over again and we got bored and walked on.
We walked about a load and were back at the hotel at about 8:30. I had a coffee and TB had a diet coke and then we retired. We sat in the room watching Eastenders and then another programme called Lillies which was really good and then some other tripe and went to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment