Saturday, 16 July 2016

T minus 52 days!

Its booked. 7th September is the day I have my conversion to Gastric Bypass.

I'm travelling to Brugge on 5th September with my Mum and Dad. I was going to just go with my Mum but she will be alone in a city for 2-3 days and although I'm sure she will be fine, I don't want to be worrying that she's lost in Belgium on her own!

So my dear old Dad is coming too. We've booked a 2 bedroom apartment which should be lovely. It's in the centre of Brugge so they can go off mooching for the day. It's close enough to the hospital that I can probably walk there for my pre op tests, and a Taxi back from the hospital isn't going to cost the earth either.

I am debating on taking the ferry or the tunnel. I think the ferry will be the cheapest, but it also takes loads of time too. like 2 & 1/2 hours :(

But I think that's easiest.

My parents live about 130 miles away away from us, and in the opposite direction from the port of Dover. because of this I am debating on collecting my parents from their home and then dropping them off afterwards, or whether my hubby and I will meet them half way, and then he can just drive home with their car and do the same on return.

Hmmm decisions decisions.

 

If I went directly to Dover from my house it would take about 2 and a half hours.

If my Mum and Dad went directly to Dover from their house it would take about 2 hours.

If I drive to man mum and Dad's house it would take about 2 and a half hours…

Adding this data together it means that I would have to drive for about 4 and a half hours each way.

Meeting definitely seems the best option then doesn't.

Cool. I'm glad we had this chat!! Now I have to convince them that this is indeed the best plan.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you Bunny. I band always seemed like a curse for you. Why Belgium? Is it just cheaper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Linda! Yes you summed up my band in me sentence! 😂 Belgium is where I had my band fitted, and where they fixed it when it blew up due to a faulty batch. I'm having the same surgeon too, but yes, it is indeed cheaper... £6K as opposed to about £14K in the UK. They don't need the compulsory anti litigation insurance that UK hospitals do, which keeps the cost down.

    I am a mix of excited and awestruck and scared right now 😱😳🔪😍

    Hope you are doing ok? Let us know!

    Xx hugs bunny xX

    ReplyDelete