Thursday, 1 March 2007

Day 15 post op

Yesterday was an average day.

Had a coffee and then some Heinz Peachy Porridge for 10 month olds for breakfast. It had little bits in to encourage chewing!! :o) I seriously never thought I would ever buy this stuff again!! So funny to think that 30 years after being weaned, I am having it again!!

After brekkie, DS and I went to a pottery shop and made a memorial tile for our dog who died. We have planted a tree on top of him, and DS wanted to make a tile to lay in the ground. So we did that. It will be ready on Saturday.

I had a couple of cartons of orange juice during the morning, and then for lunch I had
Cow and Gate's Tasty Tuna Penne for 10 month olds.

Yes... well.... Tasty is not a word I would use. Tuna, I guess, could be loosely used, and penne? No. It was triangular pasta blobs.

Honestly, this was pretty grim. No wonder DS refused these jars when he was that age. I ate it, dont get me wrong, but it was so mindlessly samey all the way through. No wonder kids screw there noses up at yet another mouthful of mashed muck. I wont be having any more kids, but if I did, I would go down a whole new approach. Kids like tasty things too, and mixing 7 different flavours together is maybe nice for 1 or 2 mouthfuls, but 25 mouthfuls? I would definitely make each flavour individual on the plate... spoon of mashed veg, spoon of gravy, spoon of mashed meat or whatever so that they can at least eat different things during the same meal. In fact I think that IS what I used to do for DS.

Yeah, now I think about it, I used to give him individual mashed bits of what we had. I guess theres no right or wrong way to wean children, but how many people actually eat a jar of baby food as an adult? Try it. You will see what I mean. There has to be something nicer than that. Maybe that is why DS has never had a problem eating. I thought it was luck... We dont get another chance, so we will never know I guess...

Its like buying a really good face cream and only ever creaming half of your face. By the time you are 80 you will find out if it was worth using face cream every day.... but who is going to risk having half their face look ropey. At 80 you haven't got time to fix it!

Anyway, off of soap box....

The Cow and Gate mank did fill me up, and then me and DS went fr a lie down, as he was feeling really down after doing the tile for our doggy. He was missing him terribly and was cradling his 'Pot of Cliff ' - This is a little screw top pot which, after Cliff died, he used to collect Cliff's moulted fur in so that he will still sort of be there with him. Its basically a pot of fluff. Before you ask, no I dont give him these ideas. He is a very sensitive chap. When we put Cliff in kennels for the first time, DS put his old dog collar around his neck and wore it for the 2 weeks we were in America. He was 4 years old then. He looked real hard core.

So we were talking, as you do, about another dog. This is a bit of a dodgy subject:

our views: Darling Husband = No more dogs
ME= No more dogs.....
Darling Son - 25 dogs please!

.....until I see DS's little face and then I melt and say we will think about it after we get back from Sri Lanka in May. HELLOOOOO!!!???!!! I must be mad!

So DS was discussing what we were going to call our new dog... which we have absolutely no intention of getting.... and then he mentioned that he would like some FISH....

I JUMPED at this idea, and said I LOVED fish, RAVED about them and ENTHUSED and all things positive about fish!!!!!!

Then he said "But if we get fish, we wont be able to get a dog too will we...?"

"No, I doubt it. The fish will be so lovely we might not make enough time for a dog. But hey! At least the fish wont bother my allergies!"

"That's true."

"But I reckon Daddy would let us get away with fish AND another cat though..."

"Would he???? Yeah! That would be great! And that wouldn't upset your allergies mum would it. If we got another cat, could we call it Timothy?"

"Yeah, that's a cool name for a cat. If we got fish, we also wouldn't have to wait until after Sri Lanka, and you might start feeling better about Cliff then."

"When could we get some?"

"Right now if that's what you decide. Remember though, it means you wont get another dog..? But you will have something to love today...?"

"YEAH! LETS GO!"

And then he spent the whole journey, bless his heart, justifying how good it would be to have fish rather than a dog. He is such a lovely boy. We chose our tank, which is now installed in his room, and a large broken submarine for the ornament and we have filled it with water. Its all up and running and ready for our fish, which will be here on Saturday. I got them from the Internet as they were better quality and price. We will have a Red Male Siamese Fighting Fish (no it wont fight the other fish), 10 tetra's, 10 Rasbora's and 2 Sliver Dollars.

So far we have had no tears at all which is a significant improvement!

Told DH about the new arrangement and he was VERY relieved. He was also pleased about the cat. One more wont make much difference! He loves cats too, so we are all happy now.

Then after all the excitement I was a bit peckish, so I had a pot of custard. Then at about 8pm we had tea. DH wasnt in till late yesterday as he had a late start, so I made him and DS corned beef and mash potato and I had one of those steamed fish jobs from tesco... Salmon in Watercress with a small dollop of mash. I managed most of it. I have definitely noticed I am having to eat more before I am full now. No wonder you need a fill, otherwise the weight loss would steady out or stop eventually. Its such a clever thing.

So not much on the food front...

Peachy porridge, jar of baby food, 2 orange juices, salmon and mash. I dont think I am going to get very fat on that!


P.S... This was a cool thng I discovered... find out what your REAL pirate name is!!

My pirate name is:
Mad Charity Cash
Every pirate is a little bit crazy. You, though, are more than just a little bit. You're musical, and you've got a certain style if not flair. You'll do just fine. Arr!
Get your own pirate name from piratequiz.com.
part of the fidius.org network

No comments:

Post a Comment