Sunday, 11 February 2007

Off to Brugge Tomorrow.... Gastric Banding is here!

Well, here I am. 3 weeks wait went very quickly. I have been using the weeks to have several 'last suppers'. Nothing massive... not an all out blow out, but just a last filling enjoyment of everything I loved.

This week has been hellish though. I have had a very stressful week, and I cannot believe that I am off to Belgium tomorrow!

Monday we had Thai, Tuesday we had Chinese, Wednesday we had Indian, Thursday we had English (Fish and Chips!!!), Friday was chocolate cake and crumpets - like a 'tea time', saturday we had Italian, and today, I have had a full 3 course Traditional Sunday Roast. Prawn Cocktail (Mmmmm!)Roast beef, Yorkshire pud, horseradish sauce and all the trimmings followed by Banoffee pie made WELL!! ginger biscuit base with an inch thick layer of toffee and sliced banana and cream on top. Adorable. Then coffee and mints. Y U M ! ! ! ! ! !

So I am having a lovely Shiraz now to wash me out and then tomorrow morning I go.

I have not gone totally mad. I could have lost the plot and totally gone crazy for eating, but All I did was have one of my favorite meals each night. I still kept to low fat butter and sauces and salads etc during the day. I think I would have felt disgusting inside if I eat full fat everything after not having it for 2 years. Also kind of defeats the object of weightloss surgery, as it just means I have to lose a load more weight before I REALLY start shifting it. I dont want to make the job any harder than it is.

Anyway, I think life after surgery will be very different. I have been told to use a tea spoon eating and a shot glass for drinking at first. :o( But I am 100% committed to this and I will go with it. I will not fight the band and I will stick to the dietary advice I am given. I have a juicer now so I will be able to make relly vitamin rich liquids for myself for the forst couple of months when I cant eat solid foods. It will also be a good supplement to my eating in future.

I am nervous and excited. I could be sick actually. I am all packed and have everything I need, so all I have to do now is go. I wont be able to write this blog for a bit because I will be in Belgium until Saturday so. I will let you all know how it went when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment